Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally something for me!

Most of what I sew is either for my children or for Ebony Creations, so to sit down this week and sew something for me made a very nice change!

Next month we are moving to Melbourne, and due to our soon-to-be bigger mortgage, we have decided to start a rather strict budget. How does this relate to sewing for myself? Well, I decided I needed a small coin purse to hold our food budget money. To keep within the budget, I found a free tutorial for a Coin Purse and used fabric out of my stash. I wasn't too sure which interfacing to use, and should have gone with a thinner one as the purse ended up almost too thick to sew through! I'll know for next time. As a result, the purse isn't quite as neat or straight as I would have liked, but I am still happy with the outcome.









I also finished Ella's Fancy Pants. I love this pattern, it came together beautifully, though is quite wide in the leg on my skinny minny. The pants are made from embroidered denim from Spotlight, and I added back pockets and ruffles to the bottom of each leg. The next time I make this pattern, I plan to shorten the waist, add front pockets and then a separate waist band. I made a size 2 length, size 0 waist (pulled in tighter with elastic),and although they are a little long, she is barefoot in the photo's.






2 comments:

  1. pants are really nice, gorgeous fabric, must get to SL more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pockets not too sure about the frill at the bottom

    ReplyDelete